Tax Attorney, Enrolled Agent, CPA for Tax Help

As the old saying goes, "there only two absolutes in this world death and paying your taxes". Unfortunately, the IRS takes the latter extremely seriously and if you find yourself in trouble with the IRS a tax attorney may be the person that can help you avoid serious complications. While not all dealings with the IRS are harmful to you, but generally speaking if you are contacted by the IRS because of an issue with your tax return or as in the case of an issue with a 941 Payroll Tax matter, you can bet it is more on the serious side.

Getting Proper Representation

While there are technically three different types of representation that the IRS does allow by law to represent you during any direct meetings with an IRS Revenue Agent, or Revenue Officer, having the right person there is extremely important. Knowing the difference between them so that you have the right person with you can make the difference between a positive and a negative one. The three types of representation you are allowed to have representing you during any meetings with an IRS Revenue Agent, or Revenue Officer are a Tax Attorney, Enrolled Agent or a Certified Public Accountant.

Tax Attorney – for criminal tax matters, a Tax Attorney is the best fit of all the three people and works only for you and carry all of the legal protections afforded you by the law in case your tax troubles escalate to charges being filed against. A tax attorney also is well versed in all of the tactics that are typically used by IRS Revenue Agent or Revenue Officer, and will not be able to be forced to testify against you at any trial proceedings.

Enrolled Agent - Enrolled Agents are actually individuals that are certified by the United States Treasury, while not actually employed by the government, they are tax experts, sanctioned to be able to represent you in front of an IRS Revenue Agent, or Revenue Officer, but they can be called on to testify against you in trials or court proceedings in criminal cases.

Certified Public Account - CPAs are well versed in all of the current tax laws and would be able to represent you during most types of IRS meetings, but will not be able to help you if your troubles become of a more serious nature. Like the Enrolled Agents, they can be compelled to testify against you in any criminal trial or legal proceedings.

Having 941 Payroll Tax Issues

As a business owner, you spend so much time building your business and worrying about turning a profit, but you better be spending as much time concerned about your tax responsibilities as well. Whether you have a single employee or hundreds or even thousands, you need to be sure that you are following all of the rules and employment tax laws governing that part of your business.

One of those important taxes are the ones covered under the 941 Payroll Taxes and you can be sure that the IRS is very interested in everything you enter on that form and that you make all of the deposits that you are reporting on schedule.

941 Payroll Taxes

All of the taxes that you are responsible for withholding, reporting and sending them to IRS at the scheduled time. Whether you are required to report and make payments on quarterly or annual basis will depend solely on the decision by the IRS. As long as you continue to both submit the reports and make the required payments on time, you will have no troubles with the IRS.

The following taxes are your responsibility for each and every employee of your business. That means you must not only withhold the taxes, report the withholding and then submit the funds withheld to the IRS on the scheduled dates.

  • Social Security Tax
  • Medicare Tax
  • Federal Income Tax
  • Federal Unemployment Tax
When is it Necessary to Get Some Help?

As the owner of the business, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that all of the taxes are being taken care of for all of your employees. Whether you have someone taking care of it for the business, it is still your responsibility and that means if your business gets contacted by the IRS for failure to report tax withholdings or failure to submit the funds properly, you will have to answer to the IRS.

It is extremely important that as soon as you have been contacted by the IRS and informed that you are being audited you should be in touch with a tax attorney. These are people whose primary job is to represent individuals or businesses in front of the IRS. They know Tax Law and they will be on your side through the whole process.

Ensure that your research and make sure that you fully trust the firm and attorney that has been assigned your case. Also be sure that you are involved throughout the whole process to be sure that you feel comfortable with everything that is being done on you and your businesses behalf.

Call us for a brief and confidential free evaluation at 877-788-2937.

Client Reviews
Mike has given us peace of mind! He helped negotiate down a large balance and get us on a payment plan that we can afford with no worries! The stress of dealing with the IRS is huge and Mike helped us through it all. The peace of mind is invaluable, thank you Mike! April S.
Mike Habib - Thank you for being so professional and honest and taking care of my brothers IRS situation. We are so relieved it is over and the offer in compromise process went just as you said. Mike is very professional and will give you honest answers to the OIC process and you can really trust him. You won't be sorry you chose him! Joe and Deborah V.
Mike is a true professional. He really came thru for me and my business. Dealing with the IRS is very scary. I'm a small business person who works hard and Mike helped me see that they are not that scary after all. He was always there with the answers I needed and was very good about calling me back which I appreciated since your first reaction is to freak out and ask a million questions. He solved a messy case and worked very hard to resolve it. His rates are VERY reasonable for the amount of work he does! I give him my highest recommendation! Marcie R.
Mike was incredibly responsive to my IRS issues. Once I decided to go with him (after interviewing numerous other tax professionals), he got on the phone with the IRS immediately (as in the same day I signed with him) to squash an impending issue. And he worked directly with them to quickly come to a resolution I am very happy with. I'd highly recommend reaching out to Mike to see if he can help you with any IRS issues. I'm very satisfied! Marshall W.
I’ve seen and heard plenty of commercials on TV and radio for businesses offering tax help. I did my research on many of them only to discover numerous complaints and unresolved tax issues. I found Mike Habib through my own online search and contacted him. He was very professional with great communication, always answering my questions and concerns. Mike resolved my complicated tax problem just as he said he would. I would definitely recommend his services to family and friends. Nancy & Sal V.