Questions to ask Before Hiring a Tax Attorney or Tax Resolution Specialist in Dallas, TX
Metro Area Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington
It is easy to make a wrong choice file hiring a tax attorney or tax resolution specialist. Finding the best tax representation in Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington can be easy if you ask some questions to the prospective tax relief service provider.
- How long are you in business of IRS problem resolution?
- Are you the licensed representative that will work my case?
- What is their success rate with tax cases?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- Do I need to pay the fee up front? If yes, Why?
- You need to find out if they give you a high pressure sales pitch?
- Check if the tax attorney or tax resolution firm is listed and rated by the Better Business Bureau,
- Who are the people who own the law firm or tax resolution company
- Who are the tax resolution specialists, who will handle my case?
- Does the tax attorney or tax resolution firm have experience in multi-jurisdictional issues?
- What type of experience does the person handling my case has?
- Will this tax attorney or tax resolution specialist go with you to an in-person audit?
- How can they help you if the IRS wants to come to your home or business?
- Does your firm handle tax as a subsidiary business?
- What are your fees?
When you meet or interview your tax resolution specialist such as an EA, CPA or a tax attorney, you should ask them the following questions-
- Where did the tax attorney have tax resolution?
- How much continuing education are you taking?
- How long have you been practicing tax resolution?
- What is your experience with the IRS for tax resolution?
- What percentage of your firm is tax problem related?
- Who is your direct supervisor? What is their contact information?
- Do you have any references?
- What is your success rate? (How many Offers in Compromise settlements have been accepted and what was the negotiated amount owed versus the initial amount of taxes owed and penalties?
- How much money have you saved your clients?
- How do you compare your success to the rest of the firm: above average or below?
- What sorts of releases for tax liens, levies, etc. have you achieved? How fast?
- What types of penalties have you gotten waived?
- What types of installment agreements have you negotiated and what was the payment schedule?
Tax problem resolution offered in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Garland, Irving, Plano, Carrollton, Denton, Frisco, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Mesquite, Richardson, Texas.