Questions to ask Before Hiring a Tax Attorney or Tax Resolution Specialist in Dallas, TX
Metro Area Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington
It is easy to make a wrong choice file hiring a tax attorney or tax resolution specialist. Finding the best tax representation in Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington can be easy if you ask some questions to the prospective tax relief service provider.
- How long are you in business of IRS problem resolution?
- Are you the licensed representative that will work my case?
- What is their success rate with tax cases?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- Do I need to pay the fee up front? If yes, Why?
- You need to find out if they give you a high pressure sales pitch?
- Check if the tax attorney or tax resolution firm is listed and rated by the Better Business Bureau,
- Who are the people who own the law firm or tax resolution company
- Who are the tax resolution specialists, who will handle my case?
- Does the tax attorney or tax resolution firm have experience in multi-jurisdictional issues?
- What type of experience does the person handling my case has?
- Will this tax attorney or tax resolution specialist go with you to an in-person audit?
- How can they help you if the IRS wants to come to your home or business?
- Does your firm handle tax as a subsidiary business?
- What are your fees?
When you meet or interview your tax resolution specialist such as an EA, CPA or a tax attorney, you should ask them the following questions-
- Where did the tax attorney have tax resolution?
- How much continuing education are you taking?
- How long have you been practicing tax resolution?
- What is your experience with the IRS for tax resolution?
- What percentage of your firm is tax problem related?
- Who is your direct supervisor? What is their contact information?
- Do you have any references?
- What is your success rate? (How many Offers in Compromise settlements have been accepted and what was the negotiated amount owed versus the initial amount of taxes owed and penalties?
- How much money have you saved your clients?
- How do you compare your success to the rest of the firm: above average or below?
- What sorts of releases for tax liens, levies, etc. have you achieved? How fast?
- What types of penalties have you gotten waived?
- What types of installment agreements have you negotiated and what was the payment schedule?
Tax problem resolution offered in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Garland, Irving, Plano, Carrollton, Denton, Frisco, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Mesquite, Richardson, Texas.
Mike has given us peace of mind! He helped negotiate down a large balance and get us on a payment plan that we can afford with no worries! The stress of dealing with the IRS is huge and Mike helped us through it all. The peace of mind is invaluable, thank you Mike!
Mike Habib - Thank you for being so professional and honest and taking care of my brothers IRS situation. We are so relieved it is over and the offer in compromise process went just as you said. Mike is very professional and will give you honest answers to the OIC process and you can really trust him. You won't be sorry you chose him!
Mike is a true professional. He really came thru for me and my business. Dealing with the IRS is very scary. I'm a small business person who works hard and Mike helped me see that they are not that scary after all. He was always there with the answers I needed and was very good about calling me back which I appreciated since your first reaction is to freak out and ask a million questions. He solved a messy case and worked very hard to resolve it. His rates are VERY reasonable for the amount of work he does! I give him my highest recommendation!
Mike was incredibly responsive to my IRS issues. Once I decided to go with him (after interviewing numerous other tax professionals), he got on the phone with the IRS immediately (as in the same day I signed with him) to squash an impending issue. And he worked directly with them to quickly come to a resolution I am very happy with. I'd highly recommend reaching out to Mike to see if he can help you with any IRS issues. I'm very satisfied!
I’ve seen and heard plenty of commercials on TV and radio for businesses offering tax help. I did my research on many of them only to discover numerous complaints and unresolved tax issues. I found Mike Habib through my own online search and contacted him. He was very professional with great communication, always answering my questions and concerns. Mike resolved my complicated tax problem just as he said he would. I would definitely recommend his services to family and friends.