MUST READ Before Hiring any Tax Negotiation Firm - BUYER BEWARE
Customer... Beware! How To Keep From Getting Ripped Off?
Many “Tax Negotiation” companies out there will absolutely rip you off. These unscrupulous firms will take your money regardless of whether they can help you or not. They'll lie to you and tell you they can get all the penalties and interest wiped out. They'll lie to you and tell you they'll settle with the IRS for "pennies on the dollar" when they know damn well you don't possibly qualify for the Offer in Compromise program.
How do they get away with this? Easy, most of the people you talk to at these unscrupulous firms are sales representatives . They have NO license to protect. You don't actually speak to the EA (Enrolled Agent), the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or the attorney that these firms claim to have. Nope, you speak to some slimy unlicensed salesman. Some of these firms make up titles like Tax Resolution Specialist, or Tax Consultant. What a scam! In fact, many of these unscrupulous firms aren't tax firms or law firms at all, they’re just sales organizations!
We NEVER take on any client that we don't believe we can truly help. But, I absolutely guarantee you that 90% of the unscrupulous tax negotiation firms that advertise on TV and the internet would take any client and their money regardless of whether they could help them or not. And that stinks!So, what should you do?
Don't get ripped off! Do the right thing - Hire a Licensed Representative!
- Always speak with the “licensed representative” who is on the Power of Attorney, that will actually represent you, usually the principal / owner of the firm,
- Stay away from any firm/website that doesn't clearly give the names and bios of the licensed representative (Enrolled Agents, CPAs & Attorneys),
- Ignore guarantees, promises and so-called testimonials. They're nothing more than meaningless hype; instead check the Better Business Bureau rating – A MUST!
- Ask tough questions. If the answers don't make sense, don't hire the firm. What kind of tough questions? Are you an EA, CPA or attorney? When they say, "I'm a tax resolution specialist", ask them, is that a State or Federal license?
- Finally, use your good common sense. You know when something isn't right. You work too hard for your money to give it away to some slime ball that makes promises you know he can't keep. Only deal with someone who is “Licensed” and who “Specialize” is Tax Resolution.
Mike has given us peace of mind! He helped negotiate down a large balance and get us on a payment plan that we can afford with no worries! The stress of dealing with the IRS is huge and Mike helped us through it all. The peace of mind is invaluable, thank you Mike!
Mike Habib - Thank you for being so professional and honest and taking care of my brothers IRS situation. We are so relieved it is over and the offer in compromise process went just as you said. Mike is very professional and will give you honest answers to the OIC process and you can really trust him. You won't be sorry you chose him!
Mike is a true professional. He really came thru for me and my business. Dealing with the IRS is very scary. I'm a small business person who works hard and Mike helped me see that they are not that scary after all. He was always there with the answers I needed and was very good about calling me back which I appreciated since your first reaction is to freak out and ask a million questions. He solved a messy case and worked very hard to resolve it. His rates are VERY reasonable for the amount of work he does! I give him my highest recommendation!
Mike was incredibly responsive to my IRS issues. Once I decided to go with him (after interviewing numerous other tax professionals), he got on the phone with the IRS immediately (as in the same day I signed with him) to squash an impending issue. And he worked directly with them to quickly come to a resolution I am very happy with. I'd highly recommend reaching out to Mike to see if he can help you with any IRS issues. I'm very satisfied!
I’ve seen and heard plenty of commercials on TV and radio for businesses offering tax help. I did my research on many of them only to discover numerous complaints and unresolved tax issues. I found Mike Habib through my own online search and contacted him. He was very professional with great communication, always answering my questions and concerns. Mike resolved my complicated tax problem just as he said he would. I would definitely recommend his services to family and friends.